Many of us have a propane grill on the back of our boats that we use while on the water. There are several things to remember about grilling on the water:
1. Store your propane bottles outside of any enclosed area and away from any source of ignition. Don’t stow them in a place where fumes could accumulate. Propane bottles can be stored in a special bag (available at West Marine) that hangs on your bow rail (one option).
2. Keep your grill away from fuel vents! Gasoline vapors near a grill could lead to disaster!
3. Follow the instructions for starting your grill. The manufacturer usually has a prescribed procedure.
4. Be sure that you have the correct mounting for your grill. This will prevent potential damage to your fiberglass hull.
5. Do not grill with an open flame in your slip or at the party dock. One small mishap could lead to a catastrophe. The only approved grills to be used at the club are those at Gossip Hall.
Lake Guntersville Yacht Club is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization. 498 Yacht Club Drive, Guntersville, Alabama 35976