From the Editor
Our annual visitors weekend is almost upon us and many hands make light work. There are lots of ways to help out without missing out on any of the fun of the weekend. Below are some opportunities:
1. Diane Beck (Clubhouse) and Sarah Reed (Gossip Hall) are decorating for the weekend and are in need of footballs, helmets, jerseys - in short, anything you have that is football related - for decorating. If you have anything to loan please contact Diane at email@example.com or Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or text Diane at 205-243-6916.
2. Nancy Hedden still needs a few volunteers to make one loaf of bread with your choice of filling for our guests to snack on in Gossip Hall Saturday afternoon. This is easy! Please volunteer! email@example.com
3. Decorating party in the Clubhouse on Saturday, August 27th, at 12:30. Diane promises it will be FUN!!!! The more people, the more fun, and the quicker we will be done!
IN OTHER NEWS:
Here is the link for Frank Lindstrom's obituary. Several had asked me about a service and it does not appear they plan to have one at this time.
Sherry Kelly fell and tore her rotator cuff and broke her foot a few weeks ago. She is on the mend and hoping to be back to the boat as soon as she can hobble well enough. Prayers for quick and complete healing from her shoulder surgery and broken bones.
Renee and Bob Kirkbride helped rescue some stranded sailors who were aground just outside our channel. Thanks to them for being good Samaritans!
I've been asked to put out a friendly reminder about a few of our rules which are being overlooked by some.
1. Dogs are not allowed in the pool enclosure - this includes the gazebo. Dogs are also not allowed in the Clubhouse.
2. Please return your cart when you have unloaded it. Don't leave it on the dock until you are ready to re-load to head home. Other people need the carts over the weekend!
3. Dogs, again - Izzy is a little irritated that some of you are ignoring her comments in last month's newsletter. Please keep your dogs on a leash and clean up after them.
Decorating party - Clubhouse, Saturday, August 27, 12:30
LGYC Hosts CYC, FLYC and TPYC - September 2 - 4
Fall Cruise to TPYC - October 25 - 31
If any of you have news or announcements to be included in the next newsletter, please let me know. Looking forward to seeing you all on the docks or floating in Short Creek soon!
Sarah Grace, Newsletter Editor
firstname.lastname@example.org 256-337-5677 SARAH G